You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it’s raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
- An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
- An old friend who once saved your life.
- The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?
This is a dilemma that was once used as part of a job application.
- You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you
should save her first;
- * or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this
would be the perfect chance to ! pay him back.
- However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.
The candidate who was hired had no trouble coming up with his answer. Guess what was his answer?
He simply answered:
“I would give the car keys to my Old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.”
Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to “Think Outside the Box.”
Source: I have heard this story many times but don’t know the original source. Someone named Esha sent it to me via email though. If you know the original source, please do post it.